Holiday Shopper Profile 2013
Retailers closed on Thanksgiving are leaving money on the table and missing out on Thanksgiving shoppers – who Placed observed were up to 50% more likely to visit these stores based on their everyday shopping activity.
Holiday Shopper Profile: Offline Insights into Thanksgiving and Black Friday Shoppers uncovers unique insights into holiday shoppers, specifically the brick-and-mortar retailers these consumers have a high propensity to visit. This report layers in Placed Questions, a feature within Placed Insights, which combines attitudinal insight gathered via mobile survey questions with the direct measurement of consumers’ location activities.
- Thanksgiving and Black Friday Shopping Plans
- Thanksgiving Shoppers
- Black Friday Shoppers
- The Role of Smartphones this Holiday Season
- Targeting Holiday Shoppers with Mobile Ads
Complete Form to Download Report
Among the Study’s Key Findings:
- 22% of survey respondents plan to hunt for deals on Thanksgiving, while 45% plan to shop on Black Friday.
- Macy’s, J.C. Penney, and Best Buy are well positioned in opening their doors on Thanksgiving for the first time, based on pre-holiday observed retail visits.
- Black Friday shoppers are younger, more ethnically diverse, and more likely to have children than average consumers.
- 43% of Black Friday shoppers plan to showroom this season, with Shoes, Beauty, and Sporting Goods categories facing the most risk.