DINING OUT IN AMERICA: Part 2: The Impact of New Menu Items, Value and Nutrition
Whether it’s launching new menu items, offering calorie-conscious options, or striking the balance between value and quality, fast food brands are tasked with satisfying the evolving American palate in a highly competitive market. Dining Out in America: The Impact of New Menu Items, Value and Nutrition takes a deep dive into recent trends impacting fast food including the reception of recently launched menu items, the resurgence of value menus for cost-conscious consumers, and the role of health in consumers’ dining choices.
This report leverages Placed Questions, a feature within Placed Insights, which combines survey questions with the direct measurement of consumers’ location activities. Dining Out in America: The Impact of New Menu Items, Value and Nutrition is based on 13,381 U.S. survey respondents during April 2013, providing detailed insight into consumers' dining behaviors and attitudes.
Complete Form to Download Report
Among the Study’s Key Findings
- Burger chains accounted for 4 of the 5 top price-conscious restaurant destinations including Sonic, Jack In The Box, In-N-Out Burger, and Hardee’s.
- Customers age 25-34 and 35-44 had a higher propensity to order the Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco than all other age groups.
- Females were 7% more likely to order the McWrap than males that visited McDonald’s.
- Between McDonald’s, Burger King and Wendy’s, the McDonald’s Dollar Menu proved to be the most popular among visitors, with 77.3% of visitors to McDonald’s ordering off of the Dollar Menu.
- Consumers that would pay more to eat healthier were most likely to dine at Chipotle, Jimmy John’s and Panera than an average consumer.
- Factors Driving Visitation to Quick Service Restaurants
- Consumers and New Menu Items
- Menu Preferences: McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, Taco Bell
- Health Conscious Fast Food Consumers
For more insights on the fast food market, download part 1 of the study:
Dining Out in America: The Quick Service Restaurant Landscape.