Placed is looking to add a full time Software Engineer (Front-End) to the team. We're an early stage startup based out of Seattle, focused in on the mobile analytics space. This is a true startup with a team of less than 10, where opportunities to grow and own projects are plentiful for the right candidate.
Why Early Stage Startups – You want to do more than contribute, you want to drive innovation. Rather than inherit code, you want to build it from the ground up. Early stage startups empower individuals to see their work directly impact the success of the business.
Why This Startup – Rising tides lift all ships, and in the case of mobile the tide is just starting to come in. In Q4 of 2010 smartphones outsold PCs for the first time ever, and all projections state that trend is here to stay. This translates to disruptive opportunity to challenge entrenched incumbents on the Web who haven't yet established themselves in the mobile space.
Who Are We Looking For – Requirements are listed below, but just as important is the mindset of each perspective employee. We're looking for people who want to build something, and own it.
Here is the type of person that we are looking to hire:
- Excited about the opportunity to define a new sector in the mobile space
- Embraces the opportunity to tackle problems others haven't
- Creativity and ambition to dive into a problem versus waiting for others to lead
- People who aren't happy with good, and build to great
- Expert-level HTML and CSS coding capabilities
- Production Experience with Django or Ruby on Rails
- HTTP/REST APIs
- History of working in the Java stack
- Interest in latest front-end developments, such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to code cross-browser compatible websites (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari) and platforms (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android)
- Strong skills in writing standards-based, valid markup and CSS
- Experienced and consistent with debugging and testing code
The following are nice to haves, but not requirements to apply:
- J2EE technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, Tomcat
- Webapp and webservice creation using MVC concepts
- Maven, Jenkins, and Git
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc)
Please send resumes to email@example.com
About Placed, Inc.
Placed is Location Analytics. By connecting the physical and digital worlds, Placed is creating a new class of analytics focused on location. Placed Nearby, a free service, anonymously measures, aggregates, and analyzes the paths and places people visit in the physical world. Founded in January 2011, Placed is headquartered in Seattle and is backed by Madrona Venture Group.