Placed is looking to add a Software Engineer to the team at Placed. This position will work closely with our science team to bring new research results and algorithms into production. This means proactively identifying performance bottlenecks and producing code with an eye toward long term maintainability. Furthermore, this engineer will be able to take a description of an algorithm and produce an engineering design which balances the needs of the algorithm with the realities of our existing infrastructure and feature roadmap.
- Excited about the opportunity to define a new sector in the mobile space
- Embraces the opportunity to tackle problems others haven't
- Creativity and ambition to dive into a problem versus waiting for others to lead
- People who aren't happy with good, and build to great
- Fluent Java programmer
- Extensive experience with either Python or Ruby (or both!)
- Complexity analysis is second nature
- Production Experience w/Cloud Services, Preferably Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc)
- Familiarity with Hadoop MapReduce
- Maven, Jenkins, Git
Placed (http://www.placed.com) is a fast-growing mobile startup focused on giving brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior. We have offices in Seattle and New York City and are funded by Madrona Venture Group and Two Sigma Ventures. We have been featured on The New York Times, Forbes, CNN, CBS News and TechCrunch.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Placed, Inc.
Placed is the leader in location-driven insights and mobile ad intelligence. Measuring billions of locations across the world’s largest opt-in mobile location panel, Placed provides the most complete understanding of consumers’ offline behaviors.
Connecting the physical and digital worlds, Placed gives brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of mobile ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior. Founded in January 2011, Placed is headquartered in Seattle and is backed by Madrona Venture Group and Two Sigma Ventures. For more information about Placed and its location solutions, please visit: http://www.placed.com/