Placed is looking to add a full time Senior Software Engineer (Java) to the team. We're an early stage startup based out of Seattle, focused in on the mobile analytics space. This is a true startup with a team of less than 10, where opportunities to grow and own projects are plentiful for the right candidate.
Why Early Stage Startups – You want to do more than contribute, you want to drive innovation. Rather than inherit code, you want to build it from the ground up. Early stage startups empower individuals to see their work directly impact the success of the business.
Why This Startup – Rising tides lift all ships, and in the case of mobile the tide is just starting to come in. In Q4 of 2010 smartphones outsold PCs for the first time ever, and all projections state that trend is here to stay. This translates to disruptive opportunity to challenge entrenched incumbents on the Web who haven't yet established themselves in the mobile space.
Who Are We Looking For – Requirements are listed below, but just as important is the mindset of each perspective employee. We're looking for people who want to build something, and own it.
Here is the type of person that we are looking to hire:
- Excited about the opportunity to define a new sector in the mobile space
- Embraces the opportunity to tackle problems others haven't
- Creativity and ambition to dive into a problem versus waiting for others to lead
- People who aren't happy with good, and build to great
- 5+ years of Java Experience
- Production Experience w/Cloud Services, Preferably Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc)
- Experience with Relational Database Schema Design, Optimization, and Querying at Scale (Big Data)
- Familiarity with NoSQL, and Hadoop Design and Processing
- J2EE technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, Tomcat
- Webapp and Webservice Creation
- Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Mobile Development Experience
Placed (http://www.placed.com) is a fast-growing mobile startup focused on giving brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior. We have offices in Seattle and New York City and are funded by Madrona Venture Group and Two Sigma Ventures. We have been featured on The New York Times, Forbes, CNN, CBS News and TechCrunch.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Placed, Inc.
Placed is the leader in location-driven insights and mobile ad intelligence. Measuring billions of locations across the world’s largest opt-in mobile location panel, Placed provides the most complete understanding of consumers’ offline behaviors.
Connecting the physical and digital worlds, Placed gives brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of mobile ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior. Founded in January 2011, Placed is headquartered in Seattle and is backed by Madrona Venture Group and Two Sigma Ventures. For more information about Placed and its location solutions, please visit: http://www.placed.com/